Prophetic Soaking Music

12/15/09


You know sometimes you just need to write.

This is one of those times.
It's the "Holidays!" Oh yippee!... :)

Or is it yippee? I men, come on can I get real here? What is so "yippee" about it? My days are long, (as normal) my kids are busy as usual and I don't hear from them .... so if I think about it being the "holidays" and this time ....supposed to be "special and all" that actually makes me kinda sad. Then there's the fact that I have a some what religiously blended house hold, (if you will ) goodness knows that doesn't make it any easier to celebrate and experience spontaneous "joy". (Again, it actaully has the opposite affect and in turn makes me work all the harder to bring about the Christmas/ Hanukkah spirit)

Just ...."being that it is the holidays" that itself doesn't magically transpose the season into the cheerfulness that is portrayed constantly every where on the billboards and radio and T.V. and even church. (although I wish it did!)

Instead for me and I am quite sure for many other, the holidays is a time of sadness and loneliness and even a time time that many may wish to come and go in great haste.

There are so many reasons, that we may never know of.....so many friends and even church family....neighbors....strangers on the street; who have no one during this time of year to share ... "The Holidays" with....but would NEVER tell anyone. Sad-but true. Others who are not alone, that we can see.... but just have broken hearts and broken families.

Let's take the time during this blessed Holiday season........to reach out.....in prayer FIRST. To be sensitive in spirit and remember our neighbors....our church family.....and those we see but do not know during the time we are enjoying ourselves with those we love.

I am thinking of a dear dear precious, woman of God right now.....who would not want me to mention her name (I know) so humble, so giving.....she is spending he Christmas with the poorest of the poor here in the USA. She herself has been forgotten by her own. I love you sweet sister! I wish I could join you! You will be in my prayers!

Happy




Chanukkah
Chanukkah (in Hebrew)



Merry Christmas!

No comments: