Prophetic Soaking Music

10/8/21

A Prayer of Old for Today


A Prayer of David


 Listen, Adonai, and answer me, for I am poor and needy. Preserve my life, for I am faithful; save your servant, who puts his trust in you because you are my God. 


  Take pity on me, Adonai, for I cry to you all day. Fill your servant’s heart with joy, for to you, Adonai, I lift my heart.         


  Adonai, you are kind and forgiving, full of grace toward all who call on you. 

  Listen, Adonai, to my prayer; pay attention to my pleading cry. On the day of my trouble I am calling on you, for you will answer me. 

  There is none like you among the gods, Adonai; no deeds compare with yours. All the nations you have made will come and bow before you, Adonai; they will honor your name. For you are great, and you do wonders; you alone are God. 


  Adonai, teach me your way, so that I can live by your truth; make me single-hearted, so that I can fear your name. I will thank you, Adonai my God, with my whole heart; and I will glorify your name forever. For your grace toward me is so great! You have rescued me from the lowest part of Sh’ol. 


  God, arrogant men are rising against me, a gang of brutes is seeking my life, and to you they pay no attention. 

  But you, Adonai, are a merciful, compassionate God, slow to anger and rich in grace and truth.

 Turn to me, and show me your favor; strengthen your servant, save your slave-girl’s son. Give me a sign of your favor, so that those who hate me will see it and be ashamed, because you, Adonai, have helped and comforted me. 


Psalm 86


No comments: